What is Team Coaching?
Team Coaching is an innovative and highly impactful process that quickly moves teams to higher levels of performance. Do not confuse this with conventional team building or individual coaching programs.
Team Coaching will give your team immediate and unique insight into current levels of functioning – between team members, across projects and groups, with leadership and across points of intersection with others in the larger organization.
Our approach activates the best thinking of each person on your team. This process makes it easier to address any pockets of drama, confusion, underperformance or upset.
This program is about real CHANGE – how your team sees, thinks and behaves and challenges team members to take their game to a whole new level. And it all happens real time – during virtual or in-person sessions. Team Coaching occurs over several or more months so your team can try out new ways of working, interacting, learning what works and really changing their culture for the long haul.
At P. A. WEISS Leadership Solutions we specialize in helping leaders and teams navigate workplace systems and relationships to get the best results, in the shortest amount of time.
What Our Clients Liked Most about our Team Coaching Program:
- Increased and sustained the client’s team performance and execution
- Strengthened one-on-one and whole-team relationship dynamics
- Reinforced and improved team and company culture
- Eliminated blindspots by increasing each team member’s understanding of how their own behavioral styles were impacting team functioning
- Addressed difficult issues successfully, lowering overall intensity and tension
- Increased trust and accountability
- Enhanced team effectiveness by maximizing each person’s individual contributions
- Ensured strategic clarity and team alignment
- Significantly improved team member engagement, satisfaction and retention
Who do we work with?
- Project managers
- Individual contributors
What is our process?
- This work is delivered in-person or virtually depending on the location of the client and the coach(s) and always in compliance with current health guidelines.
- Typical engagements range from 7 – 12 sessions. Sessions are 1 ½ to 2 hours in length.
- A typical engagement looks like this:
- Data-Gathering: Our coach(s) gather data on team functioning. At the same time any assessment data is collected and analyzed. We typically do this by simply interviewing (either in person or by phone) selected members of the organization.
- Goal-Setting: Based on the data gathered, the client’s objectives are identified for the team and expectations are set for the work.
- Team Birkman Assessment Delivery: It is helpful to for each person on the team to understand themselves and how they show up in the team dynamic. In most cases, the Birkman Method (this links to our Birkman information and future page) assessment is given to the team, debriefed one-on-one and then as a group.
- The Team Coaching Engagement: Both the team and the coach(s) launch fully into the assigned work which involves customized team-based activities and deliverables.
- Homework: Participants are expected to complete homework assignments in-between sessions.
- Regular Debriefs with the Team Leader: Working with the coach(s), the leader has the opportunity to observe team dynamics as well as learn better how to address real-time and longer-term issues.
- Progress Assessment and Sustainability Plan: During and at the end of the engagement the coach(s) and client assess the progress made toward the goals and together create a sustainability plan for going forward.
Are you curious about what the next level of performance might look like? To learn if Team Coaching is right for you, book a free consultation with us now!
P. A. WEISS Leadership Solutions fully subscribes to and practices the ethical standards upheld by the International Coaches