For many, leadership is something that they kind of just find themselves doing. They’re good at a given technical skill and so, it is assumed, that they will be good at “leading” others who do the same thing. But too often, the leading never evolves much beyond simply directing employees’ work assignments.
The idea, for example, of driving business results through purposefully promoting an employee’s growth with challenges, accountability, and reinforcement – this is simply not top-of-mind. It’s too much. It’s time-consuming and, candidly, uncomfortable for some.
Hopefully, if you’ve been following along with our practices and blogs, you’ve seen your natural leadership skills grow and are willing to take things to the next level. At P.A. WEISS Leadership Solutions, we will continue to challenge you to:
- Consider the impact and sheer power of your presence and behaviors on those you work with – at all levels within the system
- Be increasingly mindful of your drivers (i.e. your own vision, mission, beliefs, and operating principles)
- Be highly intentional about how you lead and leverage the human assets under your authority
- Lead yourselves well in the midst of the powerful relationship systems at work that can sometimes cause us to be more reactive than we’d like
- Learn more about your own leadership strengths and how to leverage them
- Gain insight into possible leadership gaps and how to best close these
- Create a 12 to 18-month plan for your own professional growth (coming soon!)
We know from experience that virtual tools can support powerful training outcomes, and we’re committed to making your virtual learning experience interactive and impactful.
Be sure to view our “Resources” page for access to our complimentary webinar series.